Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Not KO'd Yet.... Not even close.

I have been transparent in my stance regarding the Kimkins program and Very Low Calorie eating plans.

I believe that everyone needs to find a program that will work well for them in regards to a sustainable eating and weight loss. Do I believe that Kimkins is a valid program for weight loss? No. Anyone can lose weight by restricting their calories to dangerous levels. I did. But as I have stated before… the maintenance of that loss has been extremely difficult. There are also serious medical issues that can arise from participating in such a program. I do take full responsibility for the food that I put into (or did not put into) my mouth. HOWEVER, I will also say that I was pushed and encouraged daily in the way that I was eating.

I want to make something very clear. I will not be intimidated. I will not back down from my stance against a very low calorie diet and the detriments that it can bring.

I have already begun working on a degree to bring a certification and official title to my convictions. I want to fully understand the medical and nutritional aspects behind the benefits of a low carb diet, and be able to back up my beliefs and statements. But I will NOT be intimidated into silence.

I am very grateful to those who have helped me along the way to understand the dangers of this program and who have helped me understand the fallacies even in my own way of eating.

Have I made mistakes in the past? Absolutely. I would not be human if I had not made mistakes. One of my mistakes just happens to be a lot more public than others. I, however, have peace. I know that my mistakes are forgiven. I have a Lord who forgives me and has given me forgiveness for those who have wronged me. I do not harbor any bitterness. I do however, have compassion and concern for those I feel are being wronged and harmed. I want to make sure that I take full responsibility for my wrongs or misleading; and, as long as I have a voice, I will fight for them. I will expose the dangers of falling prey to a scammer and to a very low calorie diet.

Don’t go anywhere folks… the story’s not over yet.

2 comments:

Mayberryfan said...

Keep on speaking out Christin! Anyone who would try to silence you must have something to hide. Or would that be something to Heidi?

Kat said...

lol, Mayberry...that is a good one!!