Thursday, September 13, 2007

Peace and calm in the Storm

I am amazed at the things that God brings us when we need them most. This morning I looked at one of the most quoted and yet most comforting Psalms. Let Psalm 23 give you peace.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
for HIS names sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear NO EVIL.
For YOU are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life,
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."


If you are struggling no matter where you are. Find peace. God said that He has not given us a Spirit of Fear. Where there is confusion and turmoil, there is no peace. Where there are lies and deception there is no peace. It is only within the truth that we find that calm an peace. I want my friends to hear me. Those of you still behind the wall and those who have left, know that God gives incredible peace and comfort to those who seek Him. Look to Him for your answers.

I also want to say this. Remember that the enemy masquerades as an angel of light. He is deceptively beautiful. He lays a trap with flattery and sweet words. But remember that the Truth does not lead to confusion. Seek the truth and you will find peace.

While I still may have more to say in the future regarding my involvement with Kimkins; it is time for me to continue my journey. I will not be held captive, I will move on and grow.


This is my husband, Brian, and I at his best friends wedding last week.

It has been 6 months now. 6 months since I called goal. And yes... I am still maintaining. :) My weight has only fluctuated a little here and there which is normal but I am steady which is such a relief to me.

I do want to address a concern that many have had in reviewing my maintenance journals that were out there for a while. I removed them not because I had something to hide, but because it was confusing many. I know there were days and times that it looked like I would starve myself again but this really is not the case. I am one of the world's WORST journalers. I will admit that while on KK I did not eat much. Many times very little and dangerous low. This is why it took much longer for me to get comfortable with my maintenance routine. I had to increase my calories VERY slowly kind of in a healing process for my body. But I am not binge and crash dieting like I have heard speculating in some circles. I am consistently eating around 1400-1600 calories a day now which I am very comfortable with. My carbs are usually around 80 or so. Most of them come from fruit, the occasional natural Peanut Butter or almonds ;) and some various whole grain/brown foods. I eat a LOT more dairy now (love cheese!)and my DH jokes w/ me and my kids that I'm going to turn into a salad one day. I exercise (running again!) and feel wonderful.

Learning to eat a low carb maintenance took time... but I determined when I started that I WOULD NOT PANIC if I saw the scale rising. It's just time to re-adjust my strategy... I'll back off on the carbs a little (specifically on the grains)and step up the exercise and water a bit. This strategy has seemed to work very well for me so far. With the holidays coming we shall see, but I'm so confident in my new life now that I know God will give me the strength to know exactly how much is enough and when to say stop. And that my friends... is amazing.

9 comments:

leaveme alone said...

That is such a wonderful post Christin! Thank you for that. It is good to see that you are still maintaining. I hope that in the future you can post a few more of your daily menus, if you have time. I have stalled at 122. I only had 7 more to go, but I am resting at 122 trying to perhaps maintain there for awhile and eat in a healthy way.

LosinFast said...

Wow Christin, you and you look so beautiful! I'm so proud of everything you have become and everything you have accomplished! You have not only inspired me to eat healthier, but also to look at life the way GOD sees it. You go girl!

Sue said...

Christin - I'm really glad you are maintaining. You look wonderful in the pic with your husband. He is very tall!

Ann Marie said...

Hey Christin..

as always you look great..

I look forward to reading about your continuing journey here on your blog.

Carly

Unknown said...

Christin,
You and your DH look fabulous. Congrats on maintaining for 6 months. what an amazing accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Good for you Christin! Thanks for the recent pic, you look fantastic! 6 months into maintenance....I'm so happy for you that you have successfully kept the weight off. Every day of success is one more day you are making a new history for yourself as a thin person. Thank you for sharing your "journey" with us. Seeing someone else succeed is so encouraging. I feel like you are blazing a trail for us.

Michelle said...

Christin, what a wonderful post. I am one of the ones who joined after seeing the article in WW about you. I have lost 54 pounds but am concerned about long term effects that Kimkins may have. If you knew then what you know now, how would you have changed your diet to facilitate your weightloss more safely?

Etheral Kim said...

Christin, I am happy for you that you are moving on from your ordeal at Kimkins. I have been following it as a member, maybe not for long, and am happy your finding your peace and happiness finally.

Amen, wishing you all the best!

Kim

amandasmom said...

Hi, Christin, I'm so glad to find you.I joined Kimkins because of reading about you in Woman's World. I have been able to lose 48 lb in 3 months. I am closely following what is going on regarding the Kimkins "hidden" diet agenda. I am frustrated because almost everyone that is against the diet and feels that it is too low calorie is also at or almost at goal, having done so with the Kimkins or KE diet. I don't want to be so foolish as to say that I want to ignore the warnings but I have not been able to stick to a diet for close to 18 years. A lot of people have experienced the same thing. To say I am confused as to my next step would be a huge understatement. How can we control the hunger if we up our calories? How can we stick to the diet if we are constantly craving or hungry? I am looking for answers and I know that I am not alone. I am printing everything I can find and am putting it in separate binders so I can easily campare each way of eating. As I have tried to up my calories, my weight loss has slowed quite a bit. I am open to suggestions at this point.