Friday, September 7, 2007

The New Road



Today I begin again. I have been thinking quite a bit about all that has transpired in my life over the last few months, culminating in my decision to leave the Kimkins program at the beginning of this week. I know that I will be posting more soon about my decision and the things that led up to it, but for now, I am reminded of the poem by Robert Frost - The Road Not Taken:


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I am beginning my new journey; to inspire, encourage, support, and lift all those who share the same dreams and struggles as I. Weight loss and successful maintenance is ours for the taking. Won't you journey with me down this road less traveled? I'll be there with you.... hand in hand.... ready for the unknown. If we go together, we can overcome.

10 comments:

Abimars said...

Let the journey begin. I'm with you all the way.

Deni said...

I'm here too! :) Between your road (for walking!) and my bench (for chatting) we'll be have a great time! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Christi! I'll be following your blog. I appreciate who you are and all you have done, as well as Deni and Becky.

Anonymous said...

Christin's road, Deni's bench and Becky's tent. All great places to be. Thank you all.

Unknown said...

Christin, I now see why you didn't answer my most recent emails via Kimkins! I wish you all the best, and I'd love it if you'd contact me.

Laura Dolson, About.com Guide to Low Carb Diets

leaveme alone said...

I would be honored to journey down the road with you!

Robin said...

I would love to join you on your journey.

lil_red said...

Christin, I will follow your blog and advice everyday. You have been a huge support and encouragement in my weightloss. You have given me my life back and i just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. God Bless you ,(huggss)

Vickie said...

Hi Christin..I just want to say I'm so proud of you for speaking out. I know that this time has to have been so difficult for you, Becky, and Deni. I, for one, didn't open my eyes to the truth of the situation until the 3 of you all left. Thank you and blessings on your new blog.

Bella said...

So nice to see your new blog! I will look forward to reading it and thankyou for sharing your journey.