Sunday, March 30, 2008

In Her Own Words...

When I began my blog last September I named in “The Journey” inspired by Robert Frost’s classic poem: “The Road Not Taken.” The journey even over the last 6 months has been a learning experience to say the least. When making my decision about which way to take my life I was faced with some extraordinarily difficult decisions.

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


I looked and looked at my options. However I was finally faced with a conflict. A conflict of spirit and conscience in knowing that by staying on the “easier” road that would not only provide financial security but fame and recognition, I would be sacrificing something much greater.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


We are told throughout life that the grass is always greener on the other side. We are tempted by the glamour and glitter of the easy way. I was baited with promises of money, notoriety, and authority. The road and journey I have chosen has not provided these things. However, it has made all the difference because of the joy that I have found in finally foreseeing a desire that I obtained as a child.

I used to tell people when I was little that I wanted to be a nurse because I wanted to help people. I know that “to help” is pretty vague, however that has always been my underlying drive. I believed when I began working for the Kimkins program that I was finally achieving that goal. This compounded my distress when I began learning of the complications that so many were developing by emulating me and my “success.” Instead of helping… I was harming.

It has been said that the reason that I have taken up the crusade to campaign and speak out against the Kimkins program is because I am mad at Heidi and that we have some kind of personal war between us. There is nothing farther from the truth. Yes I was angry and hurt when I discovered the truth about Heidi and the scam that is the Kimkins program. But what has hurt me even greater is the apparent disregard for those who have been hurt by utilizing the low calorie methods that are a result of using the Kimkins program.

In watching some of the deposition video last night I realized just how little the welfare of Kimkins members means to Heidi Diaz. Please take a few moments to watch this exclusive program put together by Insider Exclusive.




My heart is hurting today Heidi. This was never about you and me. This was never about “losing” my job. I knew when I wrote you in an attempt to answer the concerns and issues that were arising within Kimkins that it would be the end of our relationship. In this clip we were shown more of the deposition in which you admitted that your own privacy was more important to you than the truth to your members. Never mind that we had based our lives and health on what YOU had said and the “fact” that you had done it and were healthy and living well.

Current Kimkins members, Delaney, Gary and all others who continue to support Heidi and this program. Please take about 15 minutes or so and watch this clip. Listen to Heidi’s own words and really take some time to think about whether it is worth it or not. Is it worth your own health and that of many others supporting someone who, under oath, admitted that her “privacy” was more important than the health and well being of her members.

It wasn't to me.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Excellent post, Christin!

I know, from working with you both at Kimkins and now in the effort to combat Kimkins, and from our many conversations, that your highest motive always was to help others. When you were at Kimkins, you thought that you were helping people. Yet, ironically, your leaving helped people even more.

Anyone who knows you at all can compare your character with that of Heidi Diaz, an admitted master liar, and know pretty easily who is worth believing. Heidi Diaz only maligns your motives to attempt to discredit the truth, and mainly because she cannot imagine anyone choosing integrity over reward.

Don't let it get you down. I don't think anyone seriously defends Heidi Diaz any more. People may defend their choice to stay at Kimkins for their own reasons, but I suspect that Heidi Diaz has few actual supporters, and even fewer real friends. At the end of the day, she has chosen an empty and lonely life.

OhYeahBabe said...

Hey sweetie, I hope you're recovering OK.
OYB
My blog: Kimorexia
Check out Kimkins on Insider Exclusive!

Vickie said...

Christin,
Great post! I'm glad to see you posting and hope you're healing nicely and not in too much discomfort.

You know Christin, because of your experience with the Kimkins plan, God has given you a voice in the weightloss community. I so admire you for continuing to speak out against the Kimkins plan and using this experience to help others avoid making the same mistakes. Keep up the good work.

2BIG4MYSIZE said...

thanks for sharing the link to the Insider show. I know you reach a vast audience of former Kimkins folk and even some still kimkins folk who might understand what the truth about the nutrtionally bankrupt diet being sold is and it is to scam one out of their money regardless of the effects it has on ones health.

I find it ironic Kimmer keeps insisting she wanted to remain a private person when she selected her after diet pics. If you notice not one of the pics was of an overweight middle aged person not one. they were all skinny young folk who she used to deceive every one seeing the site into thinking she had not only lost those pounds she was claiming she had maintained that loss all those yrs.

Unknown said...

That lawyer said ketosis is bad for you and your kidneys.

sixboymom said...

Christin, I'm not sure if you remember me, I'm sixboymom from the kimkins site. Anyway, I read this article yesterday, and it explained to me what I went through after starting Kimkins the first time.

I never got as bad as the sever cases, but I did develop MANY of the symptoms. I wanted to pass along for other Kimkins survivors to see.

http://www.possibility.com/epowiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EffectsOfSemiStarvation