A year has gone by. I still have a hard time believing it but, it's been an entire year that I have maintained my 100 pound weight loss. I have a mixed sense of emotions today as I think back over all that has happened this year. I am proud that I lost the weight of course, but not of the method in which I lost it. I am even prouder though that I have persevered and maintained my loss instead of giving up and giving in. I think I have learned more this last year than I have in the last 10 years. So without further ado, a humorous look at 10 things I've learned since leaving the Kimkins program.
Top 10 Things I’ve Learned Since Kimkins
10) Never trust a Russian Bride.
9) There are many ways to lose weight, starvation included, however not all methods come with a guarantee that you will retain your hair.
8) I did not get fat eating fruits and vegetables!
7) God has created a glorious rainbow of nutrition for me to partake in, and He intends for me to utilize it.
6) I can thoroughly enjoy eating healthfully using all 5 senses, and shift my focus from eating “because it’s there” to indulging in the satisfaction that nourishing my body provides.
5) There really are real people out there who do not lie about themselves or who they truly are, and they’re pretty darn nice too.
4) I must be more careful with my money.
3) Dizziness, nausea, and lightheadedness should NOT accompany NORMAL weight loss methods.
2) Food is to be savored with anticipation, not feared.
1) I am worth transforming my view of “me.” If I accept myself for who and what I am, I will only grow happier by treating myself right and losing/keeping weight off permanently for my own health and betterment.