Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why.... The Risks ARE Real.

Many times I am asked why I am continuing to spread the word about my fears regarding the Kimkins program and sharing what I feel are the very real and present dangers regarding the eating issues that can arise utilizing it as written. I want to share some of my motivation with you today. It is not often that I share photos of my family here in my blog, but these people are some of the most important people in the world to me.

Photobucket

This photo was taken about 2 and ½ hours prior to our accident on January 1 of this year. From my grandparents, to my parents, to all 5 of my siblings plus their spouses… these incredible people are why I do what I do. Standing by a loved one suffering is heartbreaking, no matter what precipitated it, but no family should have to endure watching a loved one endure the self-inflicted illnesses many Kimkins users have experienced. Each member of my family was worried about my emerging anorexia/bulimia. All expressed their concerns for my health and eating disordered methods and mentalities.

So why did I blog about Kimkins from my hospital room? Because I was overwhelmed with love, support and kindness from my family and those closest to me. I could imagine another family sitting in a similar hospital room watching their loved one suffer from a preventable eating disorder or a side effect from disordered type of behavior, and I felt that warnings must continue to be given.

If you have a loved one who is suffering, or if you have concerns or questions regarding the warning signs of these behaviors, please feel free to contact me through my blog or send me an email. I’d love to help however I can, whether through a listening ear, understanding shoulder, or caring hand.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Admin said...

Thank you for sharing your "why" with us, Christin.

For all of us with our very own "why's", Kimkins is very frightening.

We do need to continue to speak out about it; to spread the word and warn others of the dangers.

Thank you for the reminder and the encouragement.

I do continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope you have a very speedy recovery!

Say NO to Kimkins!

OhYeahBabe said...

Thank you, Christin, for your heartfelt message. I pray that you are recovering well and that you will be fully restored to health soon. I am with you in this fight!!!
OYB ( Kimorexia Blog)

2BIG4MYSIZE said...

thanks for posting about your thinking
Kimkins.com and Kimmer need to be stopped before any more folk become a page on kimkins survivors

Praying for a full recovery for you and your family.

Laura said...

I began Kimkins when I saw you on the cover. I lost 24 pounds - but began to feel bad. My hair wouldn't do anything and my periods have been completely out of whack! I started searching the boards again last week and didn't know where you were. I am sorry about the accident. Praying for your recovery.
Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Christin,

It was good to see you on Good Morning America this morning. Thank you for sharing with everyone about your journey.

ABC News: Online Diet Comes Under Scrutiny

Here is the complete transcript for those who may have missed the show.

Say NO to Kimkins!